Application Deadline: 08 December 2015
The Swedish Institute’s Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is an intercultural leadership programme that aims to lay a foundation for dialogue and knowledge sharing among young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden. The YLVP is designed to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts.
During and after the programme the participants will be part of an active network that will boost creativity and support their personal and professional development, while also laying the platform for a more connected future. Since the launch of the YLVP in 2008, the programme alumni network has grown to comprise over 200 young leaders.
The programme comprises of four weeks of intensive work divided into two modules:
- Module 1: YLVP in Sweden (15 May – 3 June 2016);
- Module 2: YLVP in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region (5–11 November 2016).
To apply to the Young Leaders Visitors Programme you have to:
- Be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, journalists, bloggers, activists, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues);
- Work actively for democracy and human rights;
- Be between 20 and 32 years old (at the time of the start of the programme);
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English;
- A citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine*, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen or Sweden.
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YLVP are covered by the Swedish Institute. The Swedish Institute will also arrange and pay for your air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region. Participants are themselves responsible for costs related to transport within their own countries.
How to apply?
The deadline is 8 December 2015.
A complete application consists of:
- An updated CV in English;
- A photo (not compulsory).