Application Deadline: 01 February 2016
The European Young Researchers Award (EYRA) is granted since 2010 to researchers demonstrating outstanding research performance and leadership. It aims to inspire early stage researchers to incorporate a European dimension and perspective into their research.
The prize-giving-ceremony is held every two years at the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) where the two recipients will present their work. In 2016 the forum will be held in Manchester (UK) from 23-27 July.
- Candidates should work in a European country (understood in the geographic sense as defined by Council of Europe’s membership rules), but are not required to have a European nationality;
- The 2016 call is open to young researchers who are presently enrolled in a postdoctoral programme of any kind and who have defended their thesis after January 1st, 2011;
- The application should be in English.
The Award consists of a certificate, waiving the participation fee to ESOF, a grant to cover travel and accommodation for the stay in the ESOF city and a two years free EuroScience membership.
How to apply?
- Cover page – form to be downloaded, completed and included in the application as cover page available in Word here;
- Up to two pages A4 describing the research and its European dimension;
- Maximum of two pages CV + one page statement of prizes/awards already received;
- A list of publications, posters for exhibitions, conferences, performances (including concerts for students in performing arts or musicology, etc.).
The above mentioned documents should be included in a single pdf-file and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 February 2016 2 pm West European Time. In addition candidates must supply the names of two scientists and emails in support of the nomination; each of them should be asked to write and send directly to: email@example.com.