Application Deadline: 06 December 2015
The CrossCulture internships give young people from Germany and South and Central Asia countries the opportunity to gain diverse experience abroad in the context of their working environment and to act as multipliers in their home countries. In addition to further professional development and specialist training, the programme participants also gain an insight into the social and political structures of the host country and become acquainted with cultural characteristics and behavioural patterns through integration into working and everyday life.
CrossCulture internships are offered in the following work areas:
- Knowledge society & education;
- Legal dialogue, justice & human rights;
- International politics & civic education;
- Economy & development cooperation;
- Culture & art.
The internship will last at least eight weeks and up to a maximum of three months and will be individually scheduled according to profile, needs and availability.
- Young professionals and committed volunteers in different areas of civil society as well as multipliers in media and other relevant organisations;
- Currently enrolled university students will not be considered for selection;
- Applicants should not exceed the age limit of 23 to 45 years;
- Requirements for taking part in the programme include a good command of English and a permanent employment or volunteer involvement in an organisation or institution in one’s own country. Knowledge of German is welcome but not required;
- The applicants must be in good health. Their physical as well as mental working capacity must be sufficient for the require.
The interns’ travel and subsistence expenses are covered by the programme funds. This includes a monthly grant of EUR 550, travel costs to Germany and urban local traffic, as well as visa fees, health insurance and accommodation. The latter is either a private room in a shared flat (according to gender), a private room in a host family or a small furnished apartment. Accommodation includes cost for electricity, water and heating; whereas telephone and internet facilities are not included.
How to apply?
The filled in and signed application forms along with a passport picture are to be submitted via e-mail to the German diplomatic mission of the applicant’s home country. Deadline for applying is 6 December 2015.