Application deadline: 31 march 2016
The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with Mahidol University, is proud to provide full scholarships for citizens in selected ASEAN countries, including: Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam. Female candidates are encouraged to apply to study in the MA in Human Rights (international program) and Ph.D in Human Rights and Peace Studies (international program) at the Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies, Mahidol University. We are currently accepting graduate applications. We have 1 MA Norwegian scholarship available for 2016/2017. The application deadline will be on March 31, 2016. All accepted students will be contacted directly by the Program.
Criteria for Qualified Applicants
MA (Human Rights)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any field with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 or equivalent.
- Candidates must have English language proficiency, with an IELTS score of 6.5 or above is required with no band below 6.0.
- Candidate must be a citizens in selected ASEAN countries, including: Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are attached to a research center or academic institution, or have experience with NGOs, human rights institutions or private human rights/peace entities.
- Exceptions to the above qualifications may be made by the Program Committee and the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates from minority and marginalized groups.
Applicants do not need to submit separate scholarship application form, but under section Financial Details in the application form, please indicate “Mahidol-Norway Capacity Building Initiative for ASEAN” Scholarship. Please also learn more about our admission requirement and download the application form from the links below:
Separate from the application materials required for the IHRP graduate programs, scholarship applicants must also submit hardcopies of the following documents by post to:
ATTN: Academic Program Coordinator
Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies (IHRP)
Panyaphiphat Building, Mahidol University (Salaya Campus)
Salaya, Phuttamonthon, Nakhon Pathom 73170 THAILAND
MA Scholarship applicants must also submit the following (In addition to the MA application and application materials) :
|MA applicants must submit the following:
– Academic transcript(s)
Application Deadline: 31 March 2016
For more information about the scholarship please contact: email@example.com